These protein balls are an easy snack that is packed full of energy. They are great for a busy day when all you can do is grab a couple and run out the door.
As a mother of 3 I understand all too well how quickly a day can go by and I have not had enough to eat. Unfortunately everyone suffers, not just me. Yes, I get a little cranky, LOL. On top of a great pick me up snack they are very quick and easy to make, which is perfect for those of us with very little spare time.
German Chocolate Cake Protein Balls (GF)
Calorie content per ball: 173 calories (Carbohydrates: 12.5 grams Protein: 6 grams Fat: 11 grams)
*Macro information is based on the ingredients I used. If you are changing up the recipe in any way you will need to recalculate your macros. If you have no clue what I am talking about but want to, read my blog What Are Macros?
¾ cup coconut flour
¾ cup almond flour
½ cup 1st Phorm German Chocolate protein powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup honey
¾ cup natural peanut butter
¼ cup coconut oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon butter extract
*Optional: coconut flakes and cocoa powder for topping
1. Mix all ingredients together except the coco powder & Coconut Flakes.
2. Stir until all ingredients until completely mixed.
3. Put mix in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
4. Once chilled roll dough into 1 ½ inch ball
5. Place on wax paper or in mini muffin papers
6. Refridgerate in an air tight container until ready to eat.
7. Optional: lightly dust the balls with cocoa powder and sprinkle with coconut flakes before serving
I hope you enjoy this Recipe as much my kids and I do!