8:00am – 9:00am Free morning PIYOFit class for all! PIYOFit combines Pilates, Yoga and HIIT for a fun mobility workout suitable for everybody! And – it’s free this Saturday!
9:00am – 10:30ish Free Team work out
10:00am – 3pm ish: 2nd Annual Iron Ruck Light for charity. Put your fitness to good use! Here are the details:
Welcome to our 2nd Annual Iron Legion Charity Ruck 2014. The event will start at 10AM on Saturday December 6th and depart from our new Crossfit Iron Legion location at 217 SE 1st Avenue, Ocala, FL 34471. Be prepared with the items below to help you successfully complete the Ruck. We plan on the event lasting between 4-6 hours and going for approximately 6-10 miles. Any questions…let us know! See you on Saturday!
What do I need to participate in this year’s Iron Legion Charity Ruck Event???!>
- You. Yes, you.
- A ruck – backpack or official ruck. Either will do.
- Gloves – not required but helpful – Mechanix suggested
- Shoes – tennis shoes or boots are suggested
- Weight – if you weigh under 150lbs then you need at least 8-12 lbs. You can do this by using 2 standard bricks which typically weigh 4-6 lbs each. If you weigh over 150 lbs then you need at least 16-24 lbs. You can accomplish this by using 4 standard bricks which typically weigh 4-6 lbs. It is strongly suggested to wrap your bricks with duct tape and bubble wrap to protect your back and your ruck!
- H20 – accomplish this through water bottles or a hydration bladder such as Source or Camelbak.
- $20 – this is cab fare to get you back home. Don’t worry though, your team will help you make it! If you still have this $20 left over at the end we typically ask for a donation to the charity!
- Lastly you need the desire to have fun, never quit and the willingness to work as team.
Check out the video from last year’s awesome event here:
It’s for charity guys – put your fitness to use for a great cause! All ticket proceeds will go to Toys For Tots. Purchase your tickets here: Tickets
6pm Lurong Paleo Challenge Podiums! Join us as we celebrate our Lurong Paleo Challenge winners! These athletes were amazing in their steadfast dedication towards their goals!
4pm to 8pm Open Gym / Open House! Come and check out our new facilities! Feel free to hang out and relax or join in a workout! We will be hosting head to head benchmark WODs for those who want to throw down. Get the barbells out and show off that back squat or clean and jerk PR. Have fun, do a wod, lift some weight, grab a shower and head downtown afterwards for the lights on the square! And of course – It’s all free!
This Saturday is going to be full of fun stuff to do right here in the heart of downtown Ocala! Come and join us for any of the above activities – or spend the day with us at 217 SE 1st Ave, Ocala, Florida. See you Saturday.